- detects exhaust gases in radiators or expansion tanks
- works best with PETROL/LPG engines (for diesel engines we recommend more sensitive, red fluid FX-600 )
- compatible with all makes of Combustion Leak Detectors/ Sniff Testers/ Block Tester Kits
- fresh stock, sensitive, made in the UK
- non-toxic, environmentally friendly
- long shelf life (2 years minimum)
It detects exhaust gases in the cooling system, in the presence of these gases, the fluid changes colour from blue to yellow indicating head gasket damage, warped cylinder head or cracked engine block.
FX-500 Blue test fluid suitable for Petrol / Lpg engines works well with all makes of combustion leak detectors, block testers or sniff testers.
Is it suitable for DIESEL engines?
Not really, the blue fluid will change colour to green due to lower gas concentration and different composition. The green colour also can be caused by other factors, e.g.:
- prolonged exposure to high temperature from the coolant
- long testing time
- contamination with coolant
Red fluid is more sensitive, thanks to that it performs better with DIESEL ENGINES.
Higher sensitivity is crucial due to different exhaust gas composition in Diesel engines.
BUNDLE: 2xFX-500 PETROL/LPG 2x500ml Combustion Leak Test Fluid For Combustion Leak Testers / Detectors / Head Gasket Testers / Block Sniff Testers Dr Headgasket UK
Test Fluid FX-500 PETROL/LPG 2x500ml for Combustion Leak Testers / Detectors / Head Gasket Testers / Block Sniff Testers
- Brand: DrHeadgasket UK
- Product Code: FX-500/2x500
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £14.16